TopBand: BOOKS AND THINGS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BOOKS AND THINGS
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:07:59 -0600
        It's not too late to get ready for the fall DX season.

        Just got another shipment of Misek's handbook on Beverage Design. It
is a comprehensive look on how to build and use  Beverages for low noise,
selective receiving antenna. Learn one of the secrets 160 "honor roll"
members have know for years... a well designed receiving antenna is worth
it's weight in gold!

$14.95 plus shipping

        Another book that is necessary is the ON4UN Low Band DX Handbook by
ARRL. This book is full of ideas on transmitting and receiving antennas,
accessories, and other important facts for successful low band operation.
John's "been there, done that." Don't reinvent the wheel. Learn from John's
work.

$19.95 plus shipping

        1997 CQ 15 month Calendars. There's only one way to keep track of
what's going on in 1997...with a copy of CQ's Calendar. You have two
choices: Amateur Radio with 15 beautiful pictures of stations and operators
from around the US.  Your second choice is the Classics Calendar. Shows
equipment from the last 50 years in lucious 4 color photography. Either one
of these catalog is perfect for you or a hard to buy for ham friend.

$9.95 each plus shipping

Shipping        Under $10     $3.5 by Mail              $4.50 UPS/First Class
                        $10-50           $4.50
$5.50 UPS/First Class
                        $50 plus        $5.50
$6.50 UPS/First Class

Canada add $1 to US Mail rate
Foreign add $2 to US mail rate

Good luck in the coming DX season. It looks like 1997 is going to be a great
year...I have already missed at least one new one UA0. I hope I get the FW
before they QRT!

                        Craig Clark
                     soon to be ex-NX1G
        send me e-mail and I'll put you on our mailing list
                        Radio Bookstore
        Books for Amateur Radio, SWL and CB Radio Operators
                        (603) 899 6957
                        (603) 899 6826 fax
                        PO Box 209
                        Rindge, NH 03461