TopBand: Who's Running how much power; who's doing this and who's doing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Who's Running how much power; who's doing this and who's doing that?
From: SDobak@ptd.net (Stephen Dobak)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 20:51:26 -0500 (EST)
Greetings from WB3AMG, I do have a few questions about some of the
points Dennis made

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, dennis g. peterson wrote:

> Gentlemen:   Who really care's?   If you stop and think about it, If a
> Foreign Country is allowing and or allocating their countries hams to
> operate using more power; Let it be.  Who are we here in the USA think we
> are?  None of us are GOD, and NONE of us have the RIGHT to say that another
> country can do this or that or that they can't do this or that.   WE here in
> the USA are governed by the Rights, Rules and Regulations as set forth by
> the various Communications Bodied Governments.

 Whether it be the IARU, The> ARRL--SNIP-- When did the ARRL become a
                              ^^^^
goverment body??? I realize some in the ARRL think of themselves as
some kind of dieaties but isn't this pushing it a bit!!

 or simply those as set forth by the Federal Government.  As citizens of
> the USA we either have to obey them, or step forward and try to do something
> legally through getting ourselves elected to a position that could possibly
> change the situation through NEW BLOOD IN THE LIMELIGHT; or keep our mouth
> shut and go along with the flow.  Bitching and complaining about other
> countries allocations and operating habits and conditions certainly isn't
> going to change ours.
>
> I personally feel that had it not been the change for some of these contests
> in which these countries may or may not be running the additional power, "WE
> might not have even heard them".  If this is the case, how would you like it
> if our government or the

 ARRL-- Here we go again, While I was a member once it was for a year
back in 67, I was 12 years old and didn't know any better, but even then
I knew they were anything but a goverment body. I was use to Hillary
acting as if she held elective office but this is absurd...

 stepped in and said OKAY, Those countries that
> were running the additional power during the contest, if
> USA stations worked any during this period, "THEY DON'T OR WON'T COUNT FOR
> DXCC CREDIT".  Youi certainly wouldn't like that now would you.
>
> Let the other countries set their own limitations and allocations and power
> limits; and let start abiding by those as set forth in our own country and
> try to be LEGAL.  Only a CHEATER KNOW HE/SHE'S CHEATING and they are the
> one's who have to live with THEIR CONSCIENCE;  Not Me Not You.   If one
> doesn't like the rules of the contest, then don't get into it.  There are
> two (2) positions of operations on a TRANSCEIVER.  ON & OFF.  We all have
> the right to make that choice during the test.  If you don't like the way it
> is going DON'T PARTICIPate.    Hope to see/Hear many of you next weekend in
> the ARRL TEST.  73s de N7CKDennis/0
>
>                       N7CKD's WORLD TOPBAND
>
>                       FREQUENCY ALLOCATIONS
>
>                               TABLES
I do hope his tables are better than his political insight!!!

> USA ------------------------- $6.50  US FUNDS
>
> CANADA/MEXICO ------ $7.50 US FUNDS
>
> FOREIGN/DX ------------ $8.50 US FUNDS
>
> Includes shipping/handling & Postage
> in a 9 x 12 FIRST CLASS envelope.
>
> N7CKDennis G. Peterson
> 1815 Mulberry Avenue
> Muscatine, Iowa  52761-3554
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
> Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com

While I don't entirly disagree with Dennis and he makes good points
since when does the ARR-SMELL dictate policy???

| Shamokin:  Where the birds fly upside | Steve Dobak |
| down, since there isn't  anything  in | WB3AMG      |
| this town worth shitting on.          | :-)         |