TopBand: Signals after sunrise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Signals after sunrise
From: g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Neil Smith)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 96 22:26 GMT0
November 3rd sunrise here around 0703z, I was calling CQ around 0725z and
was called by W6DAO in CA, very good signal even in full daylight here.
Just before that worked ZL2SQ and then later I heard faint trace of
signals from KH6AT (thanks to Bob WA3EUL for help!) another few dB and it
might have been possible, but KH6AT much better signal around 0635z on
4th Nov, still to weak for a QSO for my second-last zone......  WA3EUL
still audible almost an hour into daylight.  VY1JA and the KL7s kept
popping out of the noise but never seemed to stand still and call CQ -
very frustrating...

Very big signals from VK6HD around 2130z on 3rd, A61AD rather weak around
0100z on 4th and I'm now listening to the first decent JA signals this
season.  I LOVE this band!
Neil G4DBN/AA1EG                           g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk