TopBand: A61AD Day 5/Epilogue

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A61AD Day 5/Epilogue
From: don@aurumtel.com (don@aurumtel.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 05:25:53 -0500
What a bust.  Condx here really really noisy.  Don't know how many of you heard
me but it was all I could do to work Europe.  No European was louder than S3 at
most (guessing since the smeter never fell below 20 over nine).

Anyway, worked about 2 hours from 23:00 to 01:00 and while running EU listened
up occasionally to hear DJ9ZB working USA.  Never heard one of the stations he
was working.  Finally after cq-iing for 15 minutes without anyone readable
calling (assume some were) I went back to bed.  Have a busy day jet ski-ing
with
the girls (boy I hope my son, N1QMM doesn''t check the mail box before this is
deleted).

Anyway, this is all.  The antennas are down and packed.  The wire stays.  I
want
to thank the following:

K8GG and W0CD for the capacitors, preamp and beverage switch.
K1NOK for the antenna analyzer.
AA1V for technical support and feedback on comments made on the local packet
cluster.
K1MO and K1VR for wire for the antenna and beverages.
Saeed for use of his station, hospitality, food, friendship, girls...think that
just about covers it.
You guys for being there to keep me awake and providing all these qso's for me.

Final total qso's on top band is 396.  No JA/VK/ZL despite about 10 hours of
trying.  North America (all east coast) 31.  (plus 7 more whom did not confirm
their report -- or I did not hear it in the QRM).

Off to the beach, barbeque, a little 17 meters at sunset and then to the
airport.

A61AD/N1DG

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz