TopBand: Phone on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Phone on 160
From: n4rj@akorn.net (Hugh Valentine)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 17:09:49 -0800
Dave Hockaday wrote:

> I've only been on topband regularly now, going on my second year. Has phone
> always been scattered about in the bottom of the band? Last night, while
> working CW, I heard 4 different phone conversations between 1.800 and 1.840,
> with 3 of them below 1.820. It doesn't take many of those before the bottom
> of the band is full of splatter.
>
> wb4iuy@ipass.net

many SSB stations are now scattered about the band.  This morning some
ssbers were ragchewing right on the Ja window making copy near
impossible.
Most folks are understanding if approached in a proper manner and will
QSY so that we can cohabitate the band.  Some are on their chosen
frequencies simply to propigate trouble, knowing that they are in a
popular cw portion, and itching for a confrontation.
This affinity to aggrivate could be some genetic defect relating to
inadequate penis size.  When they wont move, I just feel sorry for their
wives and leave them alone.  There will be another day.......
73 VAL