TopBand: XZ1N to West Coast

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N to West Coast
From: N6DX@aol.com (N6DX@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 15:09:13 -0500
Hi Garry,
Great report.  I got up here around 1300Z.  Could copy XZ1N starting around
1315Z.  He was weak but no QRN so copy was solid.  He was working UA9;s etc.
 His code speed was fast so I assumed that he whnted to hear complete calls
between the noise bursts.  After a number of calls I got through at 1325Z.
 Did not hear any other North America calling. He disappeared around 1330Z. I
 was on 80M when he came up at sunrise so I missed hearing all the fun.  We
have to work hard to keep up with Jeff.  His opening to the East is at XZ
sunrise so the noise from the YB area is gone.  I would never believe the
East Coast advantage extends to zone 26!  Now for the 5V7. Good Luck.

Darrell, N6DX@aol.com