TopBand: Topband Balloons

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Topband Balloons
From: kt6v@concentric.net (C. T. Morton)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 16:04:56 -0800
Read with great interest summary by VE9AA on balloon verticals. I wonder,
has anyone ever looked into the balloons that car dealers use? Havent seen
one up close but they look like they are about six feet long, blimp shaped
and with small canards for stability. I dont think they bring those down at
nite and they seem to stay in pretty upright positions, at least here in
San Diego. Cost may be an issue here but how much do multiple balloons over
a contest year run?

C.T. Morton K6CT (x-KT6V)
"If you're not living on the edge, you are taking
up too much space in life!"