TopBand: TOGO

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TOGO
From: 100260.342@compuserve.com (Roger, G3SXW)
Date: 02 Dec 96 16:27:21 EST
To various DX magazines de G3SXW, c.c. 5V7A Team, 2 Dec.

TOGO: the 5V7A entry to the CQ World-Wide CW Contest yielded
12,200 QSOs. On November 21 and 22 personal call-signs were
used while testing antennas. QSL via home call. Direct QSL requests
for 5V7A were being answered within one week of the contest - a
world record for quick response maybe! Send to GM4AGL. E-mail
requests for bureau replies are being accepted at 100260.342@
compuserve.com. Please do not send by more than one route
as this causes unnecessary duplication of effort and cost.
Full details of the expedition and QSLing are on our home page at:
http://www.getnet.com/~kf7ay/5v5a.html
The trip was a great success and we thoroughly enjoyed West Africa
again, travelling through Ivory Coast and Ghana to reach Togo. We
were delighted with propagation conditions and with our hotel QTH.
Look for yet another big effort next November.

GHANA: During November 15, 26 and 27 Roger/G3SXW made 817
CW contacts, mostly on 15 and 17 metres, as 9G5SX transitting
through Accra for the 5V7A project. QSL via G3SXW. The Ghana
Amateur Radio Society warmly welcomes any guests at their club
station. Call Ralph/9G1RQ on (+233-21-)779767.

73 de Roger/G3SXW.