TopBand: JA-AA1K, 7M3HLQ & 1908

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: JA-AA1K, 7M3HLQ & 1908
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:15:04 -0800
Two thoughts

-- Jon- I wonder if 1908.0 is best-- there is a AM broadcast station in HS
on that freq which we use as a beacon here on the west coast. I wonder if
you might hear it a little and mask some JA signal?  I was turned on to it
by Pres N6SS-- and suffered with it while at XZ1N.  It does not regularly
cause a problem to us on the west coast, but I have heard it loud enuff to
demod the AM.. and this is confirmed, not a Birdie/mix.

The other thought is in best freq to hear in JA-  I note that the JAs choose
to RX at either 1802-10 or 1823-26.  Is there any garbage/interference heard
in JA around 1820-1823?  How much trouble does the 1850 (in DU?) LORAN cause
for RX in JA on these higher freqs???  There might be a better freq W to TX
to JA???

Good luck to you both on a tuff path...

robin, wa6cdr/n6ll/xz1n    wb6tza@compuall.net