TopBand: Re: Re: Re: BC Station Birdies

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Re: Re: BC Station Birdies
From: davekennedy@juno.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 11:14:52 EST
Carl--A tube type diode free external preamp, especially if used with
a tight diode free 1.8 Mhz band pass filter, should prevent any LF BC
station signals from from getting into the rice box diodes where the
LF mixing products are generated. The external preamp will not
magnify (your word) these mixing products UNLESS  the mixing
products are being generated by some external mysterious diode
detection process in the neighborhood. As I mentioned, the external
preamp will also permit you to reduce the rice box receiver RF gain
which should also help to ameliorate the internal receiver problem.

I am not comfortable discussing this subject and others raised in your
"Whoa Hoss!" message in this public forum. I have some differing opinions
but don't want talk about them publicly. I suggest we stop
the broadcasts and send messages direct.

Merry Christmas--73, Dave N4SU