TopBand: Re: Stew Perry Questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Stew Perry Questions
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher KM9P)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 08:34:31 -0500 (EST)
K1ZM asks about operating Stew Perry using CT...

> But HOW DOES THE POINT VALUE GET CALCULATED??????  The software I noticed was
> only computing the points  x the number of the GRID SQUARE MULTIPLIERS I had
> "worked" in my dummy contest session - certainly not as noted in the rules
> for the Stew Perry test.

If you are using CT for the Stu (stew?) Perry contest, you will have to
lete us calculate your points.  What we will do is convert your CT .BIN
file to a TRLog or NA file and calculate the points.  As we process each
log we will update the score on 3830 score reflector
(http://www.contesting.com/_3830/).

> So, I guess my final queries to you are:
>
> 1) Is a CT BIN file for the ARRL VHF CONTEST on Ct an acceptable form of
> entry for you??  If not what is??

Absolutely.  As long as you trust me (well, Dave or Tree) to score it.

> 2) Will YOU AT YOUR END do the actual scoring based upon the various grid
> square points of the stations I WORK, recognizing the effect of the power
> multiplier I may choose to use??

Yessir.  You will need to provide us with your grid square and your power.

> Do I finally have this right??  If so, and you will accept a CT.BIN file from
> me as a means of submission, then OKAY I am IN and ready to go CQ TEST.

Yep.  You are QRV.

> and good ruk contest!!

Royer royer.