TopBand: A92 GRUMPY DOG AND TOPBAND

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A92 GRUMPY DOG AND TOPBAND
From: frickrg@batelco.com.bh (Bob Frick)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:15:43 +0300
Hi,
   Thanks for all the replies to my search for life on 160M.  I am
usually up by 0200Z, which at the present time is well before my
sunrise, and out in the shack around 0230/0245z. If possible I am
usually using 1.834, but if the freq is occupied by the Russians you can
find me somewhere between 1.832 and 1.834.  There are some probable
local shipping data signals operating on 1.826 so that freq is
definitely out of the question for all of you who asked for a sked on
that freq.  The best best is for you all to listen for A92 GRUMPY DOG
calling CQDX between 1.832 and 1.834 and hope that the 160M God is
smiling on us.  That goes for you left coasters as well.
73's
A92 Grumpy Dog
Bob

PS: For all of you who asked I am running 250W.

PPS;  I bought a complete Harris PRS-6 HF Comms Rig with exciter,
receiver, 1.5 linear amp, antenna coupler, 230v power supply, 32ft vert
ant, rack, etc, for 80 USD at an auction. The entire unit works, only
problem is that there are no manuals and a lot of the control cables
have been cut. Any suggestions other then using the rig as a boat
anchor.