TopBand: top loaded vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: top loaded vertical
From: enrique-ibiza0@jet.es (EB6AOK)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:43:41 +0100
Hi guys !
I´m thinking to grow up a vertical antenna ( top loaded ) for 160m , made of
aluminium tubing .
The idea was making a telescoping vertical of about 22-25m . But the trouble is
that here in
Spain the only aluminium tubing we can find is "soft aluminium" , that means
1mm wall thickness.
And the aleation is very poor , so the question is if anybody knows the address
of an aluminium
factory where to ask for material , prices , sh , etc... It doesn´t matter in
Europe or USA , the
thing is where to ask for that material . If any of you have builded anything
similar to this ,
I´ll appreciate your experience . Also , other ideas for antenna will be
welcome .
Which kind of antenna do you recommend..?

EA6ACC´s station is running 800w on an inverted L , 1/3 wavelenght ( 52m ) 14m
up , with 15 1/4
wavelenght radials .

Suggestions welcome ( and needed..! ).

Merry Xmas to everybody and 73 de Josep.