TopBand: Quarter Wave Sloper Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Quarter Wave Sloper Help
From: k4pc@juno.com (Chris E Penick)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 01:44:12 PST
Have been reading some articles abt using the tower for a gnd on a
quarter wave sloper on 160M. Since the tower is the gnd, & I have the
tower grounded with 3 rods, would it help to add some radials & tie them
in to the gnd rods?? My Rohn 25G is only 68ft tall, but need a gud
antenna on 160M..........anyone have any suggestions?? Any better ideas
for an  wire antenna on 160M?. Only problem I have is that I can't run
many gnd radials, but I guess a few is better than none. Maybe u
experienced topbanders can give some gud help & advice. Already in the
process of installing a double wire Beverage (one to EU & one to AS)
& hpe for the best!

73,
Chris K4PC
k4pc@juno.com