TopBand: One year anniversay

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: One year anniversay
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 07:16:48 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone remember December 28th 1995?  Last year it was a
fantastic night.  It could happen again.

Interesting that a few days after Bill talks to WWV, they post
their first STRATWARM warning.

I did hear a few peeps out of Europe last night.  G4VFU/mm was
loud enough that I called him once - but my transmit VFO was
still on 1823 (where it was hoping to have a shot at Riki) and
then he got involved in a QSO.  ON4UN was audiable, but not
copyable.

So, at least there is hope.  I am also fighting some power line
noise.  When it gets real wet (as it is now) the noise comes up
some.

I heard N7JW make at least one European QSO.  For those of you in
Europe - Utah is about 1100 km east of me.

Just thought I would make a post and let you know the west coast
didn't fall into the Pacific Ocean.

See you in the Stew!!

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com