Re[2]: TopBand: TS-870S IMD improvement Mod

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: TopBand: TS-870S IMD improvement Mod
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 11:46:19 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.619761188

From: "Robert A. Kile" <midnite2@concentric.net>
To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Earl W Cunningham" <k6se@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TopBand: TS-870S IMD improvement Mod
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:28:00 -0800
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

--IMA.Boundary.619761188

     Sorry if I seem dense today, Maybe I had too much listening for 5A2A
     on 1829.5 last nite!!

     I seem to remember a west coaster put a filter or two in the 455 IF of
     an early TS-870S to knock down the bandwidth before the electronic
     gates controlled by the front panel determined the passband.

     Is the updated version of the TS-870S good enough to take out the
     S9+60 and S9+80 db adjacent signals on either CW or SSB with the lower
     early IF gain settings?

     Thanks for your replies.

     George, K8GG