TopBand: TopBand Disease

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TopBand Disease
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 97 12:07:34 PST
You might find an article on TopBand disease interesting.  It might also
be a useful thing to share with your spouse if you are infected with it.

Last night got off to a good start - nothing from TO0R I am afraid, but
I did work ZS4JX again (okay guys - it only took about 15 seconds) who
seemed to have trouble hearing others at 0325Z.  Worked SM5EDX and SM4CAN
shortly after, but then the band seemed to fizzle.  Sounds like the guys
in the MidWest had good openings to Europe and lots of east coast
stations worked TO0R.

This morning, I woke up around 1230Z and found some loud JAs calling CQ.
KH2D was on the band and I heard Jerry calling KC6VW who was down in the
noise.  T31BB was working some guys on SSB at his sunset, but was not
audiable here at all.  KH2D tried to clue him in on the east coast sunset,
but I guess to no avail.

Oh - that article - you can get to it via http://www.axian.com/~tree.  Enjoy.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com