TopBand: 9V1XQ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9V1XQ
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:38:41 -0500 (EST)
Managed to work Mike, 9V1XQ, via the long path on Saturday night 11 January
at 2241z on 1825.5KHz.

Signals from Mike were 559 out of both the NE and SE paths at my QTH in SE
New York.

Curiously, no other LP signals were heard over this path for the rest of
Asian sunrise.  And, the JA path at 2145z was totally quiet as well.  There
was some contest on and several Eu stations were running JA's qsx 1910Khz but
I did not hear a peep here.

So it was a surprise to hear Mike come through so well!

About 5 mins later UN5J was a whisper on 1830.5Khz, but before I had a chance
to call him, OY9JD joined the conversation and the UN5J station qsy'd
thereafter - and I did not hear him again.

Looks like the solar flare helped boost sigs on the LP as well this weekend.
 Sure glad to work Mike as it was a new one for me.

73 Jeff K1ZM@aol.com