TopBand: Split and transceive by expeditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Split and transceive by expeditions
From: 104117.3104@compuserve.com (Robert g. Flory)
Date: 17 Jan 97 13:34:23 EST
Has anyone worked out a good way of indicating that one is listening both
transceive and split, for example by an expedition or contest station that wants
to accept callers from JA window as well as on its own transmit frequency?

The best I can come up with is "QSX HR ES 08", but it seems cumbersome.    "QSU
QSX 08" would get the point across, I think, but I had to look up QSU(send on
this frequency) so how many others would know what that meant?

This could come in handy for expeditions like VK0IR who might not want to commit
fully to working JA, because of a slow rate, but would like to work EU at the
same time to keep the rate up.  The same might be true for a contest station who
cannot run JA fast but could work them along with others calling transceive.

What say, Topbanders?

Rob K2WI