TopBand: Jan 21 Nice JA Opening

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Jan 21 Nice JA Opening
From: dklim@erols.com (Dave)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 00:03:56 -0800
There was a nice JA opening this morning ( Jan 21 1214Z) to Virginia at
and during sunrise.
        I heard JH5FXP and JA7BXS. They  were 579 to 589 for a long
period( even after my sunrise).
        There were several BIG GUNS who clearly did not need JA on 160
but called and made contacts during this short window to JA.
 NEXT TIME: please let us little pistols get in so we can try for a JA
QSL.
        Note to JA Operators: JA7BXS was listening 1822 rather than 1806
as JH5FXP.  Pse note that 1822 and up may be better for most stations
here as our antennas are tuned a bit higher rather than down at 1806.
I will look for you another time. Keep trying. I will.

        Outstanding Gentlemen were also found on 1850 on 20 Jan 2229Z.
C31SD was on 1850 working those that frequent 1850. The gentlemen kept
1850 clear so that C31SD could work USA (all comers).
That was a new one for me and I appreciate the help from those on 1850
for standing by to let me get this contact.
 Just wanted to say THANKS!

73 Dave W4JVN