TopBand: ZS8IR, other ZS stations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS8IR, other ZS stations
From: crb@nanoteq.co.za (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:26:01 +200
ZS8IR
=====
Chris reports having the antenna up and running again.  The problem
was due to arcing between the matching capacitor and the tower.
Everything has been fixed, and he's hopeful that it will survive
better through the virtually continuous storms.

He's been briefed about the contest, so see if you can find him...

ZS6EZ
=====
I'm working frantically to get an antenna up and running.  Three
hours left before the contest, and five consecutive 4 hour nights
behind me.  However, I'm hoping to have something up and running with
a reasonable signal tonight.

By tomorrow, I'm hoping to have a Beverage up and running, too.
Probably just Europe, but it should help for most of the
northeastern US too.

I'll put in as much of an effort as my exhausted body will allow me.

Sunrise something like 03:38.  Signals will either peak about 40
minutes before, with a broad peak, or they'll continue to build until
sunrise and then die very suddenly.

Incidentally, don't look for 'IR at this time.  His sunrise will be
substantially earlier.

Others
======
The normal assortment of ZS stations will probably be active:  ZS4TX,
ZS1JX, ZS6UT etc.  'UT and 'TX have sunrise times close to mine,
while 'JX is much later.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ