TopBand: Re: DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: DX
From: gtaft@voyager.net (gtaft)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:38:30 -0800
W8XD: NICK WISLOCKI wrote:

> George
>
> I recall seeing something a while back that you and a few of the other
> battle creek boys were going to V5 some time soon. Can you refresh my
> memory ? I sure wouldn't want to miss a topband shot at V5 .
>
> Nick W8XD
>
> BTW ... congrats on your VK0 160 Q ... I heard it.

Hi Nick

Yes, u're correct abt V5.  KY0A (Now W0YG), KV0Q, another Colorado Ham
and I are leaving next week to South Africa and Namibia for 8 days of
operation as V5.  We hope to be QRV on Feb 10th for 8-9 days, but knowing
how things go with these trips, probably Tuesday the 11th is more
realistic to be QRV on low bands.  Our emphasis will be LF and the ARRL
DX CW test.  I have been licensed as V5/W8UVZ and I understand we will
try to use V59T in the contest.  W0YG is licensed as ZS6YG and we could
also use that /V5.

Anyway, Charlie, Bill and I are all low band fans so should be lots of V5
QRV on 80 & 160.  Remember that from the southern hemisphere, peak
propagation may not occur until after our sunrise.

We'll be looking for u and others needing V5.  Good luck.

73  George  W8UVZ

PS  Tks for the cfm on VK0 - Working them is a high point for the year
and my 160 quest!