TopBand: February 2 Update from XU6WV

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: February 2 Update from XU6WV
From: jsweeney@wwa.com (jsweeney)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 20:48:12 -0600
Here is the latest report from Mike, XU6WV, on his Topband activities.
(frustrations?)

     Thanks for the e-mail. I don't mind the forwarding as it's nice to
see
     who is hearing me. I know the guys are frustrated over the lack of
     ears but no more than I. Will try to improve the S/N situation
ASAP.

     I will stick with the USA until they have S/R. I have heard bits
and
     pieces from W6OSP and N6FF but no cigars yet. It would be good if
the
     guys would spread out from my qsx freq as I "DO" listen +/- 2 or 3
Kcs
     from the qsx freq as evidenced by my working VQ9QM. He called on
     1824.5 but would not encouage the W's to do so.

     I will also try to spend some time before my sunrise (2230-2300) on
     160 for europe.

     Last night wrkd UN5J (1424) and VQ9QM (1436) and a few JA's but no
     W's.

     de
     Mike