TopBand: 9X4WW 160m log - part 7 + ZS8IR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9X4WW 160m log - part 7 + ZS8IR
From: RWAKI@unhcr.ch (Kigali Rwanda)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 21:04:11 +0100
Received mail (through ON4UN) from Carl, KM1H, regarding the
ridiculous night when both Chris, ZS8IR, and myself were on
the same frequency. Sri abt this happening. When I came on
frequency at 03z, I heard something was going on in my usual
RX-window. I tried to find the DX, but didn't find him. I remember
from the time ON4UN had a sked with Chris, that John could hear
him before I could hear him. He was vy low signal at that time.
This time I didn't hear him at all. When I started on 1827.5 I asked
QRL ? as I always do. Sri nobody told me it was busy. Not one
station told me during the QSOs that Chris was also there.
In the beginning I listened up3 to avoid the NA pile-up, later
I QSXd up1 to 3.
I also remember that after the sked with ON4UN succeeded, Chris
continued using 1827.5 the following days, until John told
him 9x4ww could only use that 'fixed' frequency. Guess Chris must
have forgotten abt that (I would too...). John sent an email to Chris
asking him to change frequency, that should solve the prob.
John forwarded another email sent to him, or to the reflector, from
someone stating the following regarding this incident :
'He can't help it. He is an idiot.'
Sure hope you're in my log, Trey.

VK3EW : David, no mail to this address pse. The sked is starting
on 10FEB, every day (when I am not working at that time) at 1930z,
on 1827.5 KHz, CW.
Paul gave me the following topbanders to look out for : VK3IO, QI,
VK3DQW, APN, EW. I will first call Paul on my freq. After I have
worked him I suggest split up 1 to listen for the rest of you.
No sked on 40m as I am limited to 20m and 160m for the moment.

Here is my 160m (CW) log for period 05FEB to 09FEB 1997.
Unfortunately no repeat on 09FEB of the great NA opening of 08FEB.
Only W5UN came back to me. As for the JA sked on 08FEB, 50 percent
of the callers were dupes. It took me 5 minutes to pull a certain JA5
through, and it was a dupe...what a waste of time.
This week I will make a special effort for NA West Coast. Don't
know my work schedule for this week yet, but when at home, I will
be there at 0330z (SA can also try at this time). JA again between
2130-2215z (Yosi, pse try to distribute on the Packet system as well
that I don't want to work JA dupes anymore, tnx). EU any time.
So far 773 Qs in CW (69 dupes included...) and 14 Qs in SSB (1 dupe
included) are made on topband.
CW  breakdown : NA-214, SA-1, EU-393, AS-145, AF-15, OC-4.
SSB breakdown : NA-1 (VE1ZZ, who else...), EU-9, AS-4.
Frequency 1827.5 KHz, QSL via ON5NT. No mail to this email address.
73 - Mark - 9x4ww (on4ww).

JA7GLB JR7TEQ JA0GJJ JI1FXS JE1QYI JH0INP JA5EXW JR3GIY JA3DY JA9NLE
ON4ACG OK1DOT G3WPF DL4MT ZS6EZ G3NAS OE1ZL 9U5CW IS0QDV VK6HD VK6VZ
UA2FX OZ7YY DJ4XA HA0HW I4AVG DK1PZ OH2KQ T99C HA0HV UU5JAA OK2RZ
OK2VA OM3PA OK1FJD OK1KQJ RV3GW OK5JDC 9A2VR OM3TQM LA0CX 9A1KDE
K4SO NJ2L K9UWA W5FIX N8XU N8BR N5UL K8EJ N9EN K8NA WA2VYA VE3WT
N9AU W3YOZ KC8BCS KK0U K8PV K3KY W9CH W9MAF KF7E W6EU K7SV AA7W K7CA
K8SM VE3UDX K5AM VE9AA K8RF NB9F N2NC VE3EK W9GSB WS9V W5PS N4DB
W7WM N8TR W3UR K0KE W9EVI K0EU WB9Z AA4V K5JUC JA3WNQ JA7BXS JA7FUJ
JA4YHB JA5MHD G3XTT W5UN PA3BBP PI4COM OK1RF