TopBand: Some VSWR tests

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Some VSWR tests
From: W8JITom@aol.com (W8JITom@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:35:43 -0500 (EST)
This is not intended to inflame anyone,
but a look through Walt Maxwell's Relections or other transmission line
textbooks might be helpful. This is really too much to explain on a
reflector.

Bill (whoever you are) E-mail me with your system description.

>One other comment is that by simply shifting the matching range of the
>amp a slight bit will not make it a one antenna amp.

It's a bad idea to modify any PA without understanding what is going
on in the system. The components INSIDE the PA are under great stress
because the loading capacitor carries circulating current (VAR power) from
the tank. I strongly advise the tank be left as is until the problem is
understood. Advice may be free, but parts are expensive.

I apologize for the earlier pubic display. My intention was to ultimately
reduce the number of insults posted...not cause generation of more.

73 Tom