TopBand: 160....

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160....
From: W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net (L. L. Lamb)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:45:07 +0000
>From W4NL

Two subjects... this past contest (Feb 97) and "the window".

First......

I love contests (a PVRCer), but this last contest should be moved to another
time.  Agree with John K4IQ, Dave N4SU, and many others that this is the
prime time for DXing, and while I may not hear as well as many and as good
as I would like, this past weekend was almost funny trying to pick out DX.
"We are 160", and let's get it changed by talking or writing to the folks
who can do something about it.

Second.......

Since "we are 160"... and most of us believe the power is in the "press" and
"peer pressure", what is wrong with using some form of cyberspace to tell
the W/VE (non DX ops) who use the so-called window that we don't like it,
and they are less than good ops?  We all screw up at times, and we must be
mindful of this in a torch, flame, missile or what every the operative word
of the day happens to be.

It is not acceptable behavior for good ops.  If a DX station calls inside
the window...work em and get out, soonest!  The DX should learn, or relearn,
to split and not even listen in the "window" anyway.  We all share the
blame.. even the DX.  QSX is authorized.

I do believe this is an issue for the topband reflector.. hope I don't get
"unsubscribed" for this bit of venting!  Honestly, if we can't fix the
problem, who will?  Someone take charge, and let's work together to get it
fixed.

73, Lynn W4NL
W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net