TopBand: 1910 SSB operation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1910 SSB operation
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:06:15 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.673695758

     Tom:

     I have politely asked this guy and a couple of eastern 8's to move up
     to 1915+ or 1905-.  They usually take a couple of minutes to sign off
     or QSY and sometimes the JA's are fading!

     Not every day and not during the CW or SSB contests.

     One West Michigan ham wrote them, but didn't sign his name so the
     group is a bit miffed.  I was accused of being the writer when I asked
     them to move back about Christmas.

     I hope they will wake up, as their antennas are not good enough to
     receive JA's, and they are not sure we really can hear the DX.  The
     only time they did believe us was when the 5W group was working JA's
     on 1910 and we had to call there to get a contact!  They do not
     understand we are usually calling on 1824 or 1806 or similar
     frequencies!

     One of the problems is the ARRL lists 1910 as the QRP SSB calling
     frequency for 160.  My personal thoughts are either UP or not at all.
     QRP on 160 has very limited use!!!  Anyone below 100 watts out is
     usually not effective!

     73         George  K8GG

Tom, W8JI wrote:

>Lately KB3FU and a group have been operating on 1910 SSB at sunrise.

>Can anyone get these guys to move their sked? The JA's are still coming
>in quite well, and these guys are trashing them. I asked them nicely to
>move and they refused.

>Looks like future trouble if they get real attached to that freq.

>73 Tom

--IMA.Boundary.673695758--