TopBand: BEVERAGE PHENOMENON?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BEVERAGE PHENOMENON?
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:13:30 -0500 (EST)
Bill --

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, tenex communications wrote:
"copper-coated fence wire"...any idea if its conductivity remotely
approaches stranded copper wire, or where such can be obtained?
I would appreciate any suggestions on this.. From what I read earlier, the
regular galvanized fence wire isn't worth a damn.

Aint so, regular electric fence (galvanzied) wire has worked for me for
years. I've had several wire antennas (inverted vee's, dipoles and long
wire) up using the stuff.  The stock I used came directly from a farm
supply, you can get a 1/2 mile roll, 14 gauge, from Southern States for
about fifteen bucks.  Handles the power, conductivity appears to be
fine, and stands up to weather.  The only thing is it is a bit hard to
get a good solder joint.

    jd