TopBand: UA9CR: Thanks for standing-by

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: UA9CR: Thanks for standing-by
From: brad4@roanoke.infi.net (M. Gray Brafford)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 05:53:58 -0500
Dear Topbanders,
 During the pile-up for UA9CR last evening at about 0200Z, the UA9 answered
W4OYV, and try as I may I couldn't get him to correct my call. He got the
signal report ok, but it was obvious he was having a lot of trouble
receiving. I had several chances to to correct my call with him, but each
time he came back with W4OYV. Here lately there have a lot of negative
things said about 160 meter operators, but last night the true
sportsmanship came through. During the critical times of trying to correct
my call, there wasn't one other signal on the frequency! After the UA9 had
signed with me, the fellows still stood by while I was trying to correct my
call with him. The frequency was dead silent, not one station calling!
THANK YOU! Excellent operating!
 73, Mick..W4YV