TopBand: DXCC on 160 meters in 1 season?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DXCC on 160 meters in 1 season?
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 01:11:42 -0400
Bernie, (realizing I have a QTH advantange most times), I also have
worked DXCC in less than a season.  Last year I worked it within a
month (with a kw), but the year before that it took me about 3.5-4
months to get dxcc (90 of them with 100 watts)

Congratulations!  You have done very well with your 100w !

(So does Rich/K1HTV I might add....)

I can't be brave enuff to continue to ruff it out on TopBand without
my trusty mla2500 most times, hi hi!

GL on the next 155 !

MIKE/ve9aa, @ 176 countries in 2.5+ years of casual 160m operating.
(I go on feeding/starving binges on 160m, kind of a love/hate thing........)
Love the prop when it's quiet in the winter and can work dj7aa with
less than 1watt, and hate the noisey nights when I can call s9+20db
DX with 1kw and never get an answer.  Not that I could hear it as the
static is s9+21db.........reminds me of cy0aa !

BTW, don't forget to look for us from cy9aa this June on TOP!
MIKE/DOUG/DENNIS
ve9aa/ve1pz/ k7bv
C Y 9 A A

Michael & Coreen Smith