TopBand: N6TR/7 - not so Boring, Oregon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: N6TR/7 - not so Boring, Oregon
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:25:27 -0800 (PST)
The echo was back - and with it some good Southern European signals.

IK2DED was again the loudest signal - and again the deafest.  I2ZFP and
IT9ZGY were almost as strong, and both were easy QSOs.  Heard OM5XX, but
only managed a QSO with OM2XW.  The DL's, SP's and PA0's which were
spotted were much weaker than the Italians.  I think I heard PA0LEG
once - maybe.

Big news was finally hearing SV8JE and thanks to VE3XSP who told Chris
I was calling, SV is now in the log.  Also, EA6ACC was heard, (first
time by me) and snuck in the log for #154.  That is four new ones in
the past 11 days - hard to believe.

The echo was very strong around the time I worked SV8JE - at 04:45.
It got much weaker as the band mostly folded up (except for EA6ACC).
Again, it was strongest when receiving on the dipole.  It was the
same type of echo that I had before - 250 milliseconds delay.  It
was S9 on the R4-C!

4B1AC in Mexico was on the band - guess the WPX contest much be
coming soon.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com