TopBand: JA allocation on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: JA allocation on 160
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 20:33:43 -0500 (EST)
        Thanks to Yosi JA3AAW for forwarding the following info
from the March 1997 issue of "59 Magazine".  This is reprinted with
their permission.  This would obviously solve the problem of SSB
QRM to the current JA window centered on 1.910 but we have no
idea when this might happen...at the earliest sometime after their
LORAN ceases.

"1) In the future, the band will be changed from 1,907.5-1,912.5 to
   1,810,-1,825  15Khz wide. (1.9Mhz band WON'T remain any more, then).
   The authorities say "We can't say when the action will be done".

2) No phone plan is at that step.

3) The 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes can operate on 160M. (Not for the 4th).
  (Max output power: 1Kw for the 1st, 200w for the 2nd and 50w for the 3rd).

   Of course, we hope the JA 160M band would be wider in the near future."

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV