TopBand: Running a Gold Star 20 mhZ scope with a TS-870

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Running a Gold Star 20 mhZ scope with a TS-870
From: dennisgp@muscanet.com (dennis g. peterson)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:52:37 -0500
Hi all;  Does anyone have any information as to how to hook up a 20 mhZ
scope so as to use it both on transmit and receive.  There is a connection
on the back of the 870, and I believe it is the numbered 6 connection
called IF OUT 1 jack.  It is used to connect the SM-230 Station Monitor
with the 8.83 MHz IF for pan display.   Since I don't have the stn.
monitor, I was wondering if there were a way of connecting a dual trace 20
MHz scope or if there were some other sort of connecting box needed to
correctly get a proper display.
In as much as this may deem a potential ignorant question, if I can't get a
ligitimate and reasonable answer; DON'T BOTHER SENDING ANY SNIDE COMMENTS.
 I've seen as of late alot of people who ask questions and then someone
thinks it would be cute to post their response to the whole reflector for a
good laugh.   This is supposedly or at least it has been for 20 years "THE
GENTLEMANS' BAND"   All little boys need to stay on 11 meters.   Sorry for
the unextended bandwidth; but like alot of others, I get tired or reading
the Hate Mail, and Childish Comments on here.  Please reply to my e-mail
directly and not the reflector.   dennisgp@muscanet.com
Thanks for your cooperation de N7CKDennis