TopBand: Boring Oregon Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring Oregon Report
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
This will be boring.  Heard DF2PY a little last night and maybe even
a little bit of EA6ACC.  Guys in the south seemed to be hearing
better.

DF2PY was clearly better on the dipole compared to the vertical.  This
was the most dramatic advantage the dipole has shown all season, and
typically the vertical is always better.  I could hear effects from
the aurora on stations about 1,000 miles away (e.g. AA0RS).

This morning, there was one JA who was quite strong.  Also a few
weaker ones.  Band seemed to be in good shape.

I could not hear ZS2LL at all - which was a little surprising considering
the success I have had in that direction.

See you in the BS7 pileups!

Tree N6TR/7
tree@contesting.com

PS: Received SV8JE QSL!  Thanks Chris.