TopBand: Re: Phased Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Phased Beverages
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 09:56:51 EDT
Very interesting info on your Beverages Frank.
A few questions please:

-  Is there any particular advantage to the 1/2 wave spacing on 160M?
-  Would other spacings work just as well....say  65', 135'  or even
300'.
-  How does the spacing affect 2 band 80/160M performance?
-  I dont understand your statement that the phased pair perform as one
1160' antenna. Wheras the azimuth pattern would be narrowed, would not
the elevation pattern remain the same as the 560' ?
-  Would the phasing work with 2 wire reversible Beverages. And if I
wanted to run 2 parallel independent Beverages for opposite directions
what would be acceptable spacing?

Lottsa questions but Spring is here and I have a bunch of antenna work
planned.

I cant make Dayton this year....maybe next.

73....Carl   KM1H