TopBand: "FKV" Beacon

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: "FKV" Beacon
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 08:05:27 -0500 (EST)
K0HA wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>  Based on my Radio Beacon Handbook FKV transmits on 365 kHz from
>the Flowery Branch of the Lee Gilmer Memorial Airport, Gainesville,
>Georgia (34.12.12N - 83.54.23W) with 50 watts.  Sounds like they
>have a strong fifth harmonic (1825 kHz).
>  Good luck!
>73,  Bill     K0HA

Thanks for the fast reply Bill.  Now, how about someone from Georgia
(like Delta pilot NQ4I?) giving them a call and reporting the harmonics.
I think this is usually a fairly simple adjustment to the transmitter.
I've been hearing this thing for at least 9 months and it falls right
on some prime DX frequencies.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV