TopBand: Antenna Tuner for Zepp

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Antenna Tuner for Zepp
From: hl5bpl@www.hdpic.co.kr (Y.G. Yu / HL5BPL)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:10:13 +0900
Hi, all!

Greetings from Korea.   I recently subscribed to the list.

I installed a half wave length Zepp (over 80m long) for 160m
on the top of 20th floor aprtment house and I fed it by 450 ohm
ladder line(ready made one) with end-feed style because
center-feed is little bit difficult for my location.

I tried to tune the zepp with my homebrew tuner for all HF bands.
My tuner has "SPC" transmatch configuration with 4:1 toroid core
balun incorporated.

I found out tuning avove 40 meters are impossible.

I believe this kind of antenna configuration needs real balanced
tuner with capablity of switching between serial and parallel
tuning according to the impedance of each bands.

I tried to find out any references for this situations, but failed.

Does anyone can comment me?   Any Inernet sources for constructing
such kind of tuner?

73!  HL5BPL from Ulsan, Korea (hl5bpl@www.hdpic.co.kr)

P.S. Frequency range of 160m for Korean (HL and DS) stations are
     1.800 thru 1.825 MHz and there are very low activities
     currently on this band.