TopBand: unBoring Southern hemisphere

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: unBoring Southern hemisphere
From: bernie@internext.co.za (Bernie, ZS4TX)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 17:10:19 +0200
Topbanders

While the most of you guys (EU and NA) have been braving the static or
migrated to 2m FM, we have had our share of topband exitement in the
Southern hemisphere.

The last 10 days brought me three new ones in the log:

ZL2JR, Jim - after 3 weeks of trying! Also heard him long path at my sunrise.

VK9NS

CY9AA - He was 599 this morning - difficult to get the listening frequency
though with no other NA or EU audible!

This may not sound like much for the season, but the South Americans have
been real quiet so far. Still a few needed from there.

The static level has also been bad as a result of out-of-season rains lately.
I hope that we will get a few more good openings to ZL and VK before the
season changes.  Zone 32 especially is difficult to work from here the low
bands.

Brag collumn: Received my 160WAS #650 two weeks ago!!

Good DX

Bernie
ZS4TX