TopBand: Vertical Antenna Gain Figures

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Vertical Antenna Gain Figures
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:24:58 EDT
Dear Top-Banders:

The other day I posted some values for gain and angle of radiation for
vertical antennas of various heights.

Please be aware that the gain figures were computed over perfect ground
and the angles of radiation were over "average" ground.

Over "average" ground with no radials, all 5 verticals have gains within
0.3 dB of each other.  As the ground conductivity improves (or radials
are added), the relative gains approach the values I posted.

Sorry about the inconsistency of the types of ground I used in my
modeling.

73, DX,
     de Earl, K6SE