TopBand: Noise from Boring - N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Noise from Boring - N6TR
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
In between static crashes, UA0KAG was worked around 10:30 UTC this
morning (well before sunrise - I was up checking for meteors).  He
was kind of marginal at first, but then seemed like he turned on
an amp or something.  I believe another station was calling afterwards,
but they were too weak to copy (perhaps a smaller UA0 station).

This was on 1829 kHz.

No VKs were heard at that time, but often, they aren't very loud until
sunrise.  Sunrise is starting to be late enough that I might be able to
be more active (around 6 AM local time).

Starting to listen on the band around 0400Z for Europe, but nothing
yet.  Perhaps IT9ZGY will start showing up.

Has everyone received their P29VXX card?  I am still waiting for
mine.  I know they are coming out slowly and keep looking for it.

The next Stew Perry contest will be 1500Z December 27th to 1500Z
December 28th, 1997.  Basically the same rules as before.  I will get the
rules on my topband page shortly.  The results from the last one
will be printed in CQ CONTEST magazine and then the web.  It isn't
much of a surpise that first place went to GM3POI.  However, it
is a surprise to see a station from the USA west coast in second
place!  I think this shows that the scoring system we invented has
worked.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com
Visit my topband web page at http://www.jzap.com/n6tr/topband/