TopBand: EWE antennas.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EWE antennas.
From: eb6aok@jet.es (Enric)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 21:28:11 -2
[___ TST HOST 1.43b, Dif/Utc.:2, Escrito el: Jue Ago 28 09:36:25 1997]

Hello Topbanders,

there's  definitly  no activity on THE BAND for me during the summer. Just
some nites I've tried to call for DX, but nothing heared instead a big QRN.
Last worked, think, is VE1ZZ on 31st July, and UA9CLB on 13th August.
I think during the next weeks I'll try to wake up early (say at my sunrise,
around 0520z), but close to impossible to do that in summer, just too tired
from  my  job  and  the  hot temperatures. My 25m top-loaded-vertical is in
construction, and I guess it'll be working within next October/November.

Have  received  the  QST  from  Jan-96  (YES,  1996!!)  and  it  has a very
interesting  article  about  EWEs,  signed  by  WA2WVL.  I  haven't had the
opportunity  of reading such information about that RX antennas before, and
would  like  to know from people who has experimented with the EWEs. In the
article says about the length of the antenna as 50ft (horizontal) at a high
of  10ft  (at  each  side),  making  a  total  legth of 70ft. He explains a
configuration   of 4 EWEs switchable direction. Is it the same putting up
just  a single EWE in the desired direction..? And would be the transformer
basically  the  same  as in the bev's..? Since 50 strait feet are not long,
I'll have room for some directions, and I can improve my RX.

Any comments will be welcome.

73 de Josep
EA6ACC
                   Replays to: Enric. EB6AOK