TopBand: 160M DX de Colorado

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M DX de Colorado
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 01:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
Tonight was probably the first night this season that the QRN level was below
S9 here in central Colorado near Pikes Peak.  It was as low as S5 earlier,
but became noisier around the time of the European sunrise.  There seemed to
be a lot of activity.  Worked ZS5K, ZS6UT, abd ZS2LL for my first Africans of
the season.  Europe was more difficult.  I called four different stations
many times (especially DF2PY) and finally worked G3PQA at 0516.  My new 90'
vertical seems to be working well.  I was running 200 watts out for the above
contacts, but hope to have more power later in the season.  Three mornings
ago worked VK6VZ and copied the VKs on SSB pretty well this morning.  Think
it's going tp be a good season!
Doug  W0AH

 -
 ---