TopBand: Re: Topband - Europe to VK3

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Topband - Europe to VK3
From: sm4hcm@swipnet.se (Lars Simm)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:35:40 +0200
VK3AJJ, Paul wrote:

> Nice opening this morning from 2000z thru to 2030z. Signals were
> predominantly from Central Europe and ranged from 559 to 589.
>
> Unfortunately the vk9w didn't seem to be around to take advantage of the
> nice opening this morning.
>
> CU on Topband
>
> Paul (vk3ajj)

I was listening to Pauls pile up and he had a great signal,
one of the loudest I have heard from Paul so far.
Therefore it's a pity that the VK9W exp didn't even
seem to try topband at their sunrise to give us in Eu a chance....

The frequency they have been using 1809 kHz is just about
useless here because of some comercial station, but it sure
would be nice if they just move up to 1809.5-1810 and try for
Europe around their sunrise....

73

Lars - SM4HCM
 -