TopBand: Coax use

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Coax use
From: lmenzel@millcomm.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:52:21 -0600
Topbanders,

Well, I'm happy to report that two beverages went back up yesterday, with
three more to follow...maybe two today.  The horses are off the pasture
now, soooo...beverages back up.

Question:  Last year I had the terminal point closer to my shack, so I used
an old piece of RG8...seemed to work fine.  This year I moved the antenna
switch and bev terminus about 100 feet further from the shack.  I'd like to
use a bunch of RG58 that I have hanging in the shop.

Will RG58 suffice for the run from the switch to the shack...about 150
feet, or should I use a lower loss coax?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to the coming season of topband dxing.

Larry N0XB
Northfield, MN

 -
 ---