TopBand: ZK1XXP

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZK1XXP
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:44:09 -0400
--IMA.Boundary.360040578

     On 22 Sept. 97 they went from 40 to 160 at 1200 zulu and started
     working 5's and 0's up about 5 khz.
     This morning, 23-9-97, at 1000z they were on 3510 and were still there
     at 1200!

     The signal on 80 was decent, so if 160 is open we should be able to
     hear them bare foot.

     VK6HD worked W8JI about 1115 near 1831.  Mike was just audible here on
     my 70 - 250 deg. two way beverage.  I heard him peak a little later,
     but he didn't come back to my call.

     Jim's idea of getting them up earlier would be great.  Also please
     tell them to get on 1824 or higher as the John Deere net runs on 1823
     LSB until at least 1100z and we do not want the QRM on their signal
     from SSB or the reverse QRM from accidental non-split callers.

     Thanks a lot,

     George, K8GG