TopBand: ANC-4 questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ANC-4 questions
From: blckhole@ripco.com (Keith Morehouse)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:38:02 -0500
The recent ANC-4 thread prompts me to ask a question I've been pondering
for quite a while.

What's the collective wisdom on the potential of one of these phase type
noise canceller in getting rid of broadband hash generated by local
broadcast stations ?  I don't necessarily mean AM broadcast - I'm
including SW broadcast stations, also.

I have a situation where there is a high power SWBC station,
transmitting on multiple frequencies, close to a site.  There is
broadband noise covering most of the 1-30 MHz spectrum, worse at some
frequencies, that I believe may be BC transmitter phase noise related.

Anybody want to take an educated guess at how effective phase
cancellation, using a sense antenna, would be in this situation ?

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com
 -
 ---