TopBand: Zero Ohm Beverage Termination

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Zero Ohm Beverage Termination
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 21:40:43 -0700
My summer Beverages are about to multiply and turn into my winter
Beverages.  Crop planting shortens them and mowing and other summer
activities raises them above optimum heights to around 10 feet
above the ground.  The summer lengths are around 500 feet long
and using EZNEC software I wanted to see if I could improve
their performance.  I was surprised to find that I could obtain
the best pattern to match my desires by using a zero ohm
termination "resistor."  I had limited faith in reality matching
the software results but I must say that this fall's zero ohm
Beverages have performed better that prior year's summer Beverages
with more traditional termination values.
DISCLAIMER:  The ground conductivity here is very high and that's
how the Beverage was modeled.  I have only modeled and tested
it with MY Beverage particulars and the high conductivity that's
here.
  Winter Beverage land has been harvested during the past week
and soon it will be time to get out more of those four foot
fiberglass posts and turn the summer models into winter models...

73,  Bill     K0HA

 -
 ---