TopBand: ANC-4 cascadeing with DSP-599zx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ANC-4 cascadeing with DSP-599zx
From: N7CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (dennis g. peterson)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 20:08:06 -0500
Hi guys;  I'll try not to take up too much bandwidth on my request for info
or help
into setting up a cascade system of the ANC-4 noise canceling unit and the
DSP599-zx.
I am running a Kenwood TS-870 HF Transceiver and a 32 foot vertical.
Noise problems
and a local high frequency tone plagues reception on the vertical.
However, a micro
SWA can null out the interference.

I was wondering if the ANC-4 could also be cascaded ahead of the 599zx to
further
cancel noise etc on the receive antenna?  I use three receive antennas
which include
a 4 turn shielded loop indoors and a 132 foot coaxial snake outdoors.
They are all
switchable through operator convenience.  The loop employs a 20 db Advance
Receiver
Research preamp while the other antennas are void of any preamp.  I think
what I
need to do is to add the preamp so that it is amplifying on all of the
receive antennas
when they are switched into the system. (Gotta figure that one out yet).

I don't necessarilly need to be able to transmit through the ANC-4.  If
someone can offer
a detailed diagram or illustration with complete instructions for me to try
or experiment
with I would certainly appreciate their efforts.

As the new and upcoming DX season is once again upon us, I would like to
get this
project completed as soon as possible.  I don't have much time right now
for doing to
much with the antennas and noise units; as I AM IN THE LAST STAGES OF
COMPLETING
THE FINAL PLANS FOR MY UPCOMING MARRIAGE TO MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART
AND FIRST GIRLFRIEND OF 36 YEARS AGO.  We will be getting married on
October 18th,
1997 and are leaving on the 19th for a week long Honeymoon Cruise in the
Carribbean via
Norwegian Cruises for a 5 island cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico .  We
will return home
here in Muscatine, Iowa on October 26th.  Ihope to be active during the
next few contests
although I don't believe I stand too much of a chance at any of the records
with such a
modest and small station.   I do enjoy the contests and with any help for
the above mentioned
conditions and plans, maybe I will be able to hear better than I already
do.   73's to all and good
DX.

PS:W0ZV/Bill  if you would be so kind as to hold any messages beginning
October 19th until after
I return, I would appreciate this to.  Thought I'd include that here rather
than a separate msg.

de N7CKDennis
 -
 ---