TopBand: Long Path 160m QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Long Path 160m QSOs
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 06:22:40 +0800
A couple of corrections to my earlier posting on 160m long path QSOs from VK
- this what happens when you write things too quickly without consulting
your log book/atlas!

The occcasion when I heard VP9AD was likely to a short path and despite what
I surmised, Bermuda is not past our Antipodes - it is virtually on them.
The distance SP is 19,918km and the distance LP is 20,082km.

My other error is that I wrote that "no QSOs resulted" with VP9AD when Mike
VK6HD and I heard him.  Unfortunately, my keyboard and the simple addition
of an S has made a liar of me.  Mike actually worked him that day (27/01/96)
at 1124Z, giving RST559 and receiving 599.  VP9AD also worked Roger VK4YB.

Another thing I am sure about it is I shall be looking for VP9AD again in
the CQ WW 160 this year!

73,

Steve, VK6VZ