TopBand: KC1XX Dx Reception Reports (Pse)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KC1XX Dx Reception Reports (Pse)
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:15:15 EST
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:56:42 -0500 (EST) K1ZM@aol.com writes:
>Hello All
>
>as at KC1XX on 160M this weekend helping Matt test out his new 160M
>stuff.
> Xmit ant was a single elevated 160 foot Rohn 25 tower, with elevated
>base
>(20 feet) and 16 elevated 1/4 wave radials. The guys are
>non-conducting
>phyllystran so this is a first class setup - and we hoped it would
>work
>pretty well.
>
>We would be ESPECIALLY interested in the following:
>
>1) How did DX stations overseas HEAR us vs N2RM, W3LPL, K1VW, K3LR
>etc?
>2) Were we HEARING okay, or better than other W's or - really POORLY
>vs other
>W's?  For example:  Did you call us like GU3WHN and we NOT hear you?
>Did you
>call us like ZM7A did and XT2DP did and we NEVER hear you at all?

Jeff, as we discussed on 160 I did hear ZM7A on 1830 calling at times.
With the QRN and the KC1XX CQ Beacon using a 2 second turn around it was
impossible....
The total time I hrd ZM7A was maybe 3-7 minutes.

It would be a pleasure if the US/VE contest stations would NOT hog
DXpedition frequencies with lame excuses either......KC1XX moved maybe
500 Hz during the whole time!

73   Carl   KM1H